Wednesday, June 30, 2010

2011 Sequoyah Books

With the summer on its way it is time to introduce some of the 2011 Seqouyah books. The books on the list this year are smokin' (just like ole Sequoyah himself), which is kind of disappointing because they will have to beat out Hunger Games to win and I think that's going to be hard to do. With that being said, I was impressed by Paper Towns  by John Green (one of my favorite authors on the planet), The Compound  by S.A. Bodeen was twisted and came with a surprising punch at the end, Burn by Suzanne Phillips was a tough and emotional read, Shift by Jennifer Bradbury was entertaining and made me want to do some bike traveling(and possibly friend losing), and Antsy Does Time by Neal Shusterman makes me smile just thinking about it (Antsy Bonano is one of my favorite characters of all time). I haven't got to all that I want to read from the lists but it is a great list to snag ideas from if you don't know where to start.

Check out the Intermediate and High School masterlists @ cafesaturday.com you can also find reviews of some of these books on the same site if you go to the side bar labels and click on Sequoyah2011 (or just click here if that's too much for your brain to handle, well not here exactly but on the Sequoyah2011 would work). 

(BTW despite the pipe in the mouth of our good buddy, smoking is not encouraged by anyone associated with this blog, the Sequoyah list makers, anyone who publishes the list, people who like books on the list, or by anyone who doesn't find that appealing. If you do find yourself with this habit already, just ask yourself "does Sequoyah look happy with the pipe in his mouth?" I don't think he does, I think that would make him look like Popeye, who also smoked but ate spinach as well.)

No comments:

Post a Comment