Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ender's Game rated E for Everyone.

Ender Wiggin is just 5 when he leaves home, but Ender is a kid like none other, or so they believe. Some see him as the only hope for humanity (yeah I know, I work with kids and I would seriously be depressed if a 5 year old was the hope for all humanity even if he is a freakin' genius). Ender (like most 5 year olds) doesn't want to play the game but to everyone else it's Ender's Game.


It's so hard to talk about books like this because everything I say is just going to ruin the story. This is a great book and pretty heartbreaking at times. The small things are important because this is a story about a kid forced to do adult things because adults are unfit or unable to do them for themselves. Every event brings depth to the character of Ender. I got upset a number of times as I watched this kid struggle to battle all that is good and evil about himself (hefty stuff for an elementary school kid)while having adults pile on the problems to see if he will break. Great story telling, but then again all the awards this book has won have already said this. This book was recommended (indirectly of course)by John Green. Being a huge John Green fan (Looking For Alaska, Abundance of Katherines, Paper Towns, Will Grayson Will Grayson), all it took for me was for him to say this was one of his favorite books and I put it on my to-read list. This book is another one for anyone's to-read list. Ender is a character you will find yourself rooting for and at times wondering why you still are. Ender's Game will challenge us to remember that after all, its never just a game.

1 comment:

  1. This was such a highly effective visitor publish. As an ambitious writer, being rejected is always terrifying (yet so possible) result - if I ever posted my guide, of course. I appreciate Jill for discussing her issues, and I'm so grateful that she made the decision to look previous the denials and perform around them and get her guide out there. That was amazingly brave! Asylum looks fairly exciting, too, so I'll be maintaining an eye out for your evaluation.

    Thanks for discussing, you two!

    ReplyDelete